Not the ghostbusters, but the local exterminator, of course! Rats, and any other kind of rodent are a painful household problem. You’re constantly worried about physical damage to your things, as well as to the woodwork of the house itself. Add to it the worry that your appliances might get eaten and the fact that rats multiply much faster than even rabbits, it can be tough days ahead when you discover that rats are now your cohabitants!
Signs of Rodents
To begin with is the characteristic squeaks that keep coming along indicating that you have a new house guest. A few tell-tale signs are:
- Shredded bits of paper everywhere you look
- Scarred and marred wood or other surfaces
- Smelly areas with rat feces around it
- Tears in fabric as well as food packaging
- Electrical shorts because rats are eating through your wiring.
Rat Control Glasgow is a good option when you begin to notice these signs. Calling them and asking them to assess the situation will help in controlling the issue at large.
Dealing with rodents
No matter how pesky they are, rodents don’t deserve to be bludgeoned to death. Rodents that are caught and left free will most likely come back. You could think of these alternatives:
- Smelly rat medicine that keeps them out irrespective
- Sticky glue rat traps (great for insects and lizards too)
- Traps outside the house, which will get them before they enter your home.
Rodents aren’t the easiest household pests to deal with; they bring with them a host of health and hygiene issues. So, make sure that your home is rodent-free as much as possible. If they get in despite everything that you have done, then, pest control is your best bet. It is a permanent solution and will keep your home pest-free for a long time.